- Bring this or any training to your organisation
- Full - scale program development
- Delivered when, where, and how you want it
- Blended learning models
- Tailored content
- Expert team coaching
Agile Software Design Professional Training and Certification
- Duration: 3 days
- Language: English
17 PMI PDUs
- Level: Intermediate
This Agile software design course will teach you effective approaches to Agile software design and improve quality through simplicity at a low cost of change. Use design patterns to develop robust, maintainable and testable software in this course. Gain the skills to do the right level of design at the right time within the Agile development cycle.
Plus, pass the post-course exam and earn Certification in Agile Software Design (ICP-ASD) from the International Consortium for Agile (ICAgile).
- Prior to attending this course, attendees should have attended:
- Experience in programming and broad understanding of the software development life cycle
- Work experience as any of the following: Software Developer, System Designer, Technical Architect Development Manager, Technical Team Lead, or other roles involved in technical design and development.
- Taking Course 933, Agile Programming Professional, is highly recommended, either before or after this course, to complete the ICAgile certification pathway for Agile Engineering
- While the course qualifies for an ICAgile certificate, the class is not written like an exam prep course. The material is designed for hands-on, Agile training in Software Design.
- Students will be emailed a short document to review before class. Understanding the content of this pre-course reading is required before class, so more in-class time can be devoted to Software Design in an Agile environment.
- ICAgile: To obtain ICAgile Certified Professional in Agile Software Design, students will need to pass the Learning Tree exam. Once notification of passing the exam has been received, contact Learning Tree's customer service to request registration with ICAgile.
- View the ICAgile Certification & Training Roadmap ›
- Scrum Alliance: To obtain Scrum Education Units (SEUs), students will need to pass the Learning Tree exam. Once notification of passing the exam has been received, contact Learning Tree's customer service to request registration with Scrum Alliance.
- This course can help you earn ICAgile certification. Click to view our options for ICAgile Certification Training ›
- This course is eligible for 15 AXELOS My PRINCE2 CPD points. Learn more now — PRINCE2 CPD Information ›
Agile Software Design Professional Training and Certification Delivery Methods
- After-course instructor coaching benefit
- Learning Tree end-of-course exam included
Agile Software Design Professional Training and Certification Course BenefitsLeverage Agile software design techniques to improve efficiency and testabilityConduct a Class Responsibility Collaboration (CRC) Design WorkshopCreate a minimum viable architectureApply SOLID design principles and refactor design smellsFind the right balance between Intentional and Emergent architecture
Agile Software Design Course Outline
- Agile design myths
- Applying the Agile principles to software design
- Where design fits into the Agile life cycle
- Other considerations
- Role of design-in-the-large
- Agile architecture principles
- Minimal viable architecture
- Capability Architecture
- Technology decisions and architecture spikes
- CRC card workshops
- Architecture Patterns
Design Principles and Patterns
- Simple Design
- Design principles – DRY, YAGNI and SOLID
- Design patterns – Observer and Factory
- Pros and cons of using design patterns
- Recognising and addressing technical debt
- Tester-Developer-Developer collaboration
- The three amigos
- Discussing technical debt with stakeholders
- Developer operations collaboration
Need Help Finding The Right Training Solution?
Our training advisors are here for you.