- Bring this or any training to your organization
- Full - scale program development
- Delivered when, where, and how you want it
- Blended learning models
- Tailored content
- Expert team coaching
UML Essentials for Agile Development Training
- Duration: 2 days
- Language: English
- Level: Intermediate
Teams adopting Agile approaches to software development could be jumping immediately from conversations to coding. The critical steps of modeling and thinking should not be skipped, because although software is delivered quickly, it is poorly architected. Unified Modeling Language (UML) has had a reputation for being document heavy, and therefore rejected. This training reverses that mindset, and shows you how UML can be an integral part of any Agile process. This is a course not just for programmers, but for all members of an Agile team looking to communicate more effectively. If you’ve experienced sprint deliverables not meeting customer expectations we can help you better communicate the key architecture and design decisions in a visual, industry standard format.
- A solid grasp of the Agile methodology at the level of Course 918, Agile Fundamentals Training
- Experience in programming, preferably in a modern (object-based or object-oriented) programming language, software analysis or design
- A broad understanding of the software development lifecycle
UML Essentials for Agile Development Training Delivery Methods
- After-course instructor coaching benefit
- Case Study to practice techniques in real-world scenario
- Learning Tree end-of-course exam included
UML Essentials for Agile Development Training Course Benefits
- Foster better communication between all Agile team members via diagrams
- Build Activity Diagrams to capture the rich interactions between users and systems
- Create Sequence Diagrams to explore alternative design solutions to support testing
- Use State Machine Diagrams to model system behavior
- Develop Class Diagrams to best exploit interfaces and inheritance
Need Help Finding The Right Training Solution?
Our training advisors are here for you.
All members of an Agile team (Scrum Masters, Product Owners, Developers) can benefit from this course. A goal of UML is to describe what needs to be built in an easily understood graphical format (a picture is worth 1000 words). This course is for anyone who wants to convey the key analysis, design and testing decisions without using massive textual documentation.