- Bring this or any training to your organization
Full-scale program development
- Delivered when, where, and how you want it
- Blended learning models
- Tailored content
- Expert team coaching
SAFe® Scrum Master (SSM Certification)
- Duration: 2 days
- Exam Voucher: Yes
- Language: English
- Level: Intermediate
In this two-day SAFe® Scrum Master course, attendees gain an understanding of the role of a Scrum Master in a SAFe 5.1 enterprise. Unlike traditional Scrum Master training that focuses on the fundamentals of team-level Scrum, the SAFe Scrum Master course explores the role of the Scrum Master in the context of the entire enterprise. It prepares attendees to successfully plan and execute the Program Increment (PI), the primary enabler of alignment throughout all levels of a SAFe organization. This includes learning the key components of Agile at scale development, how Scrum is facilitated throughout the enterprise, and how to execute Iteration Planning.
Attendees discover how to build high-performing Agile teams by becoming servant leaders and coaches and how to coach those teams to deliver the maximum business value at scale. SAFe 5.1 Scrum Master (SSM) certification signifies that people are prepared to perform the role of Scrum Master in a SAFe environment, increasing their value to teams and organizations that are implementing SAFe.
SSM Certification Delivery Methods
SSM Certification Course Information
Safe Scrum Master Course Benefits
- A SAFe Scrum Master digital badge to promote your accomplishment online
- Access to a variety of learning resources to support you during your SAFe journey
- Access to meetup groups and other events to connect you with other SAFe Certified Professionals, as well as a variety of learning resources (1YR Membership to SAFe Community Platform)
- Exam included; Passing includes a certificate and digital badge to promote your accomplishment online
SSM Certification Course Prerequisites
All are welcome to attend the training, regardless of experience. However, the following prerequisites are highly recommended for those who intend to take the certification exam:
- Familiarity with Agile concepts at the level of Agile Fundamentals Training
- Working knowledge of software and hardware development processes
SSM Certification Exam Information
- The first exam attempt is included if the web-based exam is taken within 30 days of course completion.
- 45 multiple-choice questions in 90 minutes, closed-book.
- 73% Passing Score (33 out of 45 correct).
- Each retake attempt costs $50 US.
- A second attempt can be made immediately after the first attempt.
- The third attempt requires a 10-day wait.
- The fourth attempt requires a 30-day wait.
- Annual renewal fee of $100 US.
SSM Certification Outline
- Thrive in the digital age
- Describe SAFe as an operating system for Business Agility
- Explain the Seven Core Competencies of Business Agility
- Embrace the Lean-Agile Mindset
- Apply Lean and Agile at scale with the SAFe Principles
- Form cross-functional Agile Teams
- Build quality in
- Organize Agile Release Trains (ARTs) around the flow of value
- Apply Customer Centricity with Design Thinking
- Prioritize the Program Backlog
- Participate in PI Planning
- Develop on Cadence; Release on Demand
- Build a Continuous Delivery Pipeline with DevOps
- Define a SAFe portfolio
- Connect the portfolio to the Enterprise strategy
- Maintain the Portfolio Vision
- Establish portfolio flow
- Fund Value Streams
- Lead by example
- Lead the change
- Becoming a Certified SAFe Professional
Need Help Finding The Right Training Solution?
Our training advisors are here for you.
SSM Certification FAQs
The following individuals will benefit from this course:
- New Scrum Masters who need to perform the role
- Existing Scrum Masters who would like to understand their role in the context of a SAFe enterprise
- Team Leads who want to understand the Scrum Master role
- SAFe Release Train Engineers who want to coach Scrum Masters on their role
Here are the step-by-step instructions to claim your SAFe course Project Management Institute (PMI) PDUs
- Log into PMI.org
- Follow this link: PMI's Continuing Certification Renewal System (CCRS)
- Each SAFe course has its own Claim Code that can be used. Claim codes for SAFe classes can be found on Scaled Agile's website under the SAFe Courses tab, at the bottom of the course pages.
- Enter the claim code under the "PDU Claim Code" section.