- Bring this or any training to your organization
Full-scale program development
- Delivered when, where, and how you want it
- Blended learning models
- Tailored content
- Expert team coaching
AgilePM® Foundation and Practitioner Certification Training
- Duration: 5 days
- Labs: Yes
- Exam Voucher: Yes
- Language: English
21 PMI PDUs
- Level: Intermediate
Prepare your team to achieve AgilePM® Foundation and Practitioner Certification Training certifications with this highly successful Agile project management certification training course. As an APMG-certified AgilePM Practitioner, you will possess a deep knowledge of the Agile project management methodology and demonstrate skills for developing solutions incrementally, enabling teams to handle changing requirements effectively, improving team collaboration, and empowering individuals.
This 5-day AgilePM Certification course includes both exams and provides a greater opportunity to discuss and explore the ideas and techniques behind the AgilePM methodology. It also allows you to take the Practitioner exam on the morning of the final day - leading to improved pass marks compared to exams taken during afternoons.
AgilePM® Foundation & Practitioner Certification Delivery Methods
Train your whole team by bringing this course to your facility
Achieving Agile Project Management Course Information
In this AgilePM® course, you will learn how to:
- Prepare for the AgilePM Foundation and Practitioner certification exams.
- Establish and lead a successful Agile project with the methodology developed by the DSDM Consortium.
- Review practical and repeatable practices for project managers in an Agile environment.
- Apply Agile techniques, such as modeling, prioritizing, timeboxing, user stories, and estimating.
- Manage, define, and deliver a solution acceptable to the business.
AgilePM® Course Prerequisites
Familiarity with project work, either as a project manager or as another role on a project - this course is not designed to teach people how to be project managers. Instead, it is intended to provide an agile framework to those who already have some essential project experience.
If new to project management, please have experience at the level of:
- Learning Tree course 296 Introduction to Project Management Training, or
- Learning Tree course 340 Software Project Management Training.
The pre-reading material provided for this course will provide the Agile background necessary to be successful. For this reason, it is not required to have prior Agile experience (for example, Scrum), though we believe you'll find additional Agile experience helpful at the level of:
- Learning Tree course 918 Agile Fundamentals Training, or
- Learning Tree course 1814 Certified Scrum Product Owner® (CSPO) Certification Training.
AgilePM Course Outline
Establishing Agile Fundamentals
- Exploring the relationship between Agile, AgilePF, and DSDM
- Contrasting traditional waterfall project management approaches with DSDM
- Integrating DSDM with best practice methods
- Outlining the eight principles that guide DSDM
Preparing for an Agile project
- Analyzing the Project Approach Questionnaire (PAQ)
- Accepting the DSDM philosophy
- Identifying a successful team style
Completing pre-project activities
- Ensuring that the right projects are started and set up correctly
- Identifying essential members of the team
- Planning the Feasibility Phase
Assessing project feasibility
- Confirming that a solution exists
- Creating an outline business case
- Defining the project organization structure
- Planning the Foundation Phase
Setting firm foundations for an Agile project
- Integrating business, solution, and management perspectives
- Establishing a Prioritized Requirements List (PRL)
- Defining project and solution standards
- Agreeing on roles and responsibilities
- Extending the outline business case
- Baselining a schedule of project activities
Investigating and designing options
- Iteratively exploring detailed requirements and confirming viability
- Iteratively modeling solutions
- Refining the evolving solution to meet prioritized business needs
- Expanding and refining products
Incorporating DSDM project management techniques
- Timeboxing development cycles
- Controlling progress throughout the project
- Delivering a quality product to meet requirements
- Managing project risk
Releasing to the business
- Achieving acceptance from stakeholders
- Planning the release
- Transferring ownership to the business environment
- Migrating products into live use
- Training end users and completing documentation
Closing the project
- Confirming that the benefits can still be delivered
- Formally closing the project
- Evaluating the project to support continuous improvement
Conducting post-project activities
- Assessing whether the project benefits have been achieved
- Comparing the results of the projects to the original business case
Preparing for the exams
- Gaining insight into the exam process
- Applying proven tips for exam success
- Practicing with sample test questions
Foundation Exam (Day 2)
- Completing the necessary APMG paperwork
- Taking the foundation exam
Practitioner Exam (Day 5)
- Taking the practitioner exam
Need Help Finding The Right Training Solution?
Our training advisors are here for you.
The course prepares you to take two exams — the AgilePM Foundation exam and the AgilePM Practitioner exam.
This course is split into two parts to learn the information and take the exam for each. During your week of class, you should arrange to take the two exams, which are administered by APMG International.
You can arrange to take the Foundation exam with APMG any time after Day 2 of the course and the Practitioner exam after Day 5 of the course.
You will earn 21 PMI PDUs after taking this course.
- Your exam result notification email will include instructions to claim your complimentary membership.
- The instructions will direct you to complete a short online claim form. This enables APMG to share the required data with the Consortium, ensuring GDPR compliance.
- You will receive an email from the Consortium with further details on activating your complimentary membership.
Your complimentary 3-month Associate membership offers the following benefits:
- Exclusive monthly member events
- Access to resources, including templates & frameworks
- Discounts on events including the Agile Business Conference - the world’s longest-running agile event for professionals
- Exclusive monthly member events
- Webshop discounts
At the end of the three months, you may opt to renew for 12 months at the standard rate of £49 per year.