- Bring this or any training to your organization
- Full - scale program development
- Delivered when, where, and how you want it
- Blended learning models
- Tailored content
- Expert team coaching
Are you ready for the EU GDPR?
- Duration: 1 day
- Language: English
- Level: Intermediate
On 25th May 2018, the EU GDPR came into effect; and it’s here to stay well beyond Brexit. This significant legislation will succeed the Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA), and is described by some as the “biggest single shake up of data legislation in the last 25 years.” It will have wide reaching affects for all organizations who collect, manage, process, and store personally identifiable and sensitive data for EU citizens — anywhere in the world.
With this legislation now in effect, it is essential that organizations are complying with these changes. This half day GDPR training course will develop essential GDPR awareness and understanding and will include an overview of the 1998 UK Data Protection Act as well as the new requirements of the 2018 EU Data Protection Regulation.
This half day training course will develop essential GDPR awareness and understanding, so can you and your organization is ready for GDPR compliance.
Are you ready for the EU GDPR? Course BenefitsDevelop an essential GDPR awarenessUnderstand the changes and key next steps you need to consider
GDPR Course Outline
- What do we mean by personal data and sensitive personal data?
- Why is it important to protect and safely manage personal data;
- An overview of the current UK Data Protection Act 1998;
- The new requirements of the EU Data Protection Regulation 2018;
- Context: Why the change and who does this impact?
- New definitions of Personal Data;
- Rights of data subjects (including Data Portability)
- Key roles and responsibilities (including Data Protection Officers);
- Key areas of legislation and liabilities;
- Breaches and Consequences – organizational and personal;
- Best practice: Getting prepared and Mitigating risks;
- Third parties and outsourcing;
- The future of the GDPR after Brexit;
- The importance of fostering a culture that values information;
- Learning from discussion, real life examples and scenarios;
- Where to find further information and support.
Need Help Finding The Right Training Solution?
Our training advisors are here for you.
Enhance your team's effectiveness and boost productivity with instructor-led training delivered privately to your organization, live online, or to any preferred location!
Learn more about Private Team Training ›