The Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification (CMMC), managed by the CMMC Accreditation Body (CMMC-AB), is a Department of Defense (DoD) program through which an organization's cybersecurity program is measured by their initial and ongoing compliance with applicable cybersecurity practices as well as their integration of related policies and plans into their overall business operations. By Fiscal Year 2026, all organizations providing products or services to the U.S. DoD must obtain at least a Maturity Level 1 certification under this program. This course will help you, and your organization understand and plan for the impact of CMMC.
This course provides an overview of the CMMC program for organizational decision makers. Business and IT leaders and IT staff might consider taking this course to learn about the CMMC Model to get a sense of what's required for a successful assessment and the various ways they can start preparing.
Navigating CMMC (Cybersecurity Maturity Model) Requirements Training Delivery Methods
Navigating CMMC (Cybersecurity Maturity Model) Requirements Training Course Information
Navigating CMMC (Cybersecurity Maturity Model) Requirements Training Course Benefits
- Identify the crucial elements that are driving the CMMC initiative.
- Describe the architecture of the CMMC Model and the rationale behind it.
- Use the Assessment Guides to prepare your organization for a successful CMMC assessment.
- Identify the roles and responsibilities in the CMMC ecosystem during an Assessment.
- Continue learning and face new challenges with after-course one-on-one instructor coaching.
Navigating CMMC (Cybersecurity Maturity Model) Requirements Training Certification Information
This is not a certification prep course. This course provides an overview of the CMMC program for organizational decision makers. The Department of Defense's new mandate, through the CMMC-AB, requires a certification for all current and future contractors doing business with DoD, including prime contractors as well as sub-contractors that sell commercial products and/or services to DoD.
Navigating CMMC Training Outline
Topic A: Identify the Threats and Regulatory Responses
- Identify the threats to the Defense Industrial Base and the established regulations that protect the defense supply chain.
Topic B: Identify Sensitive Information
- Identify the main categories of sensitive information--FCI and CUI.
Topic A: Describe the Rationale for CMMC
- Describe why the CMMC program was created.
Topic B: Describe the CMMC Model Architecture
- Describe the components of the CMMC Model.
Topic A: Scope Your Environment
- Identify the people, systems and processes in your environment that will be evaluated in a CMMC assessment.
Topic B: Analyze the CMMC Assessment Guides
- Analyze the Assessment Guides to be able to align your practices and processes to the CMMC requirements.
Topic C: Evaluate Your Readiness
- Explore methods of validating your compliance with the CMMC requirements.
Topic A: Identify the CMMC Ecosystem
- Identify the roles and responsibilities of the organizations and individuals involved in the CMMC program.
Topic B: Describe a CMMC Assessment
- Describe the interactions between your organization and the assessor during a CMMC assessment.