- Bring this or any training to your organization
- Full - scale program development
- Delivered when, where, and how you want it
- Blended learning models
- Tailored content
- Expert team coaching
Cyber Security Training for Managers and the Boardroom
- Duration: Less than a day
- Language: English
- Level: Intermediate
This cyber security training course prepares managers, members of the board and senior executives to understand, assess, and take a proactive posture in cyber security. With this course, you gain the fundamental knowledge and skills to investigate risk assessment and management frameworks that help mitigate dangers, as well as identify potential security gaps that could prove a liability.
Note: The United States Department of Defence (DoD) established the 8570.01 Directive, which requires all DoD Information Assurance personnel to meet training and certification objectives.
Cyber Security Training for Managers and the Boardroom Delivery Methods
- Interactive seminar led by cyber industry leaders
- Roundtable and Q&A session included
Cyber Security Training for Managers and the Boardroom Course BenefitsSupport cyber security planning with leading frameworks, such as NISTEnsure you understand the need for effective cyber security risk managementAssess and understand the roles and responsibilities of management and board membersApply Governance Policy to ensure minimum exposure for your organization and yourself
Cyber Security for Managers Course Outline
- Assessing the stakes of cyber security
- The importance for Board Members and the C-Suite
- Reviewing common cyber security terms
- Why is cyber security so difficult?
- Related privacy issues
- Examining how high the stakes are
- Defining cyber security principles
- The need for a risk management process
- Reviewing cyber security frameworks and related management tools
- Recommendations and description of the use of a risk management process
- Establishing the proper cyber security governance model and oversight
- Management responsibilities
- Board responsibilities
- Key questions that need to be asked and answered
- Dealing with cyber security breaches
- Using cyber security insurance
- Draft Outline for Cyber Security Action Plan
- Glossary of Terms
- Key Questions to be asked and answered
- Copy of the Book Rosenquist, Matt, ed. Navigating the Digital Age: The Definitive Cybersecurity Guide for Directors and Officers. Caxton Publishing, 2015
Need Help Finding The Right Training Solution?
Our training advisors are here for you.
You will learn the NIST cyber security framework.
Yes! We know your busy work schedule may prevent you from getting to one of our classrooms which is why we offer convenient online training to meet your needs wherever you want. This course is available in class and live online.