- 5-day instructor-led training course
Official Citrix training curriculum
Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7, App Layering and WEM Administration (Fast Track) (CMB-318)
- Duration: 5 days
- Exam Voucher: Yes
- Language: English
- Level: Intermediate
This accelerated 5-day Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops (CMB-318) course is designed for experienced IT professionals to build the foundational administration aspects of installing, configuring and managing a Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7 environment.
Learn about configuring policies, printing and basic security features as well as more advanced topics, including Windows Environment Management (WEM) and App Layering. Gain an understanding of the solution architecture and communications and the factors that contribute to a successful deployment.
Also, learn how to monitor and troubleshoot the environment with a Citrix Director and Citrix Analytics.
Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktop Course Delivery Methods
Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktop Course Information
In this Fast Track course, you will learn:
- How to install, configure, and manage a Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7 site on-premises and on Citrix Cloud.
- How to configure Workspace Environment Management to improve the end user environment and virtual resource consumption.
- App Layering skills to create and administer OS, platform, application, elastic and user layers.
This course is taught at a much faster pace, and experience with previous versions is recommended. Previous knowledge of legacy versions of Citrix Virtual Apps or Citrix Virtual Desktops is also beneficial due to the faster pace of this course.
This course covers CCA-V and CCP-V certification material. Plus, this official CMB-318 Citrix course helps you prepare for three different Citrix certification exams:
- Citrix Certified Administrator – Virtualization (CCA-V)
- Citrix Certified Professional – Virtualization (CCP-V)
- Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops service on Citrix Cloud (CC-VAD-CC)
Certification information can be found here.
Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktop Course Outline
- Introduction to Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops
- Architecture Overview
- Hosting Platform Considerations
- Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops Service
- Connection Flow Process Introduction
- Pre-Deployment Considerations
- Citrix Licensing Setup
- Delivery Controller Setup
- Site Setup and Management
- Redundancy Considerations
- Consider Master Image Creation Methods
- Master Image Requirements
- Learning Objectives
- Machine Catalogs and Delivery Groups
- Provisioning Methods and Considerations
- Machine Creation Services (MCS) Deep Dive
- MCS Environment Considerations
- Resource Locations
- Consider Workspace Experience versus StoreFront
- Workspace App
- Methods to Manage the User Experience
- Published App Properties
- Server OS Published App Optimizations
- Published App Presentation
- Application Groups
- Apps and Desktops Presentation
- Map Printers to the User Session
- Printer Drivers
- Print Environment Considerations
- Introduction and Considerations
- Configure Citrix Profile Management
- Delegated Administration
- Power Management Considerations
- Citrix Admin Security Considerations
- XML Service Security Considerations
- Secure HDX External Traffic
- Citrix Director Introduction
- Monitor and Interact with User Sessions
- Published Apps Analysis
- Monitor the Machines Running the VDA
- Alerts and Notifications
- Introduction to Supporting a Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops Site
- Migration Considerations
- Citrix Cloud Connector Deployment
- Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops with an On-Premises Resource Location
- The Migration Process
- Citrix Analytics Introduction
- Types of Analytics
- App Layering Introduction
- Architecture and How it Works
- The OS Layer
- The Platform Layer
- The App Layers
- Elastic App Layering
- User Layers
- Using Templates in App Layering
- Using Layered Images in a Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops Site
- Layer Priority
- Updating Layers
- Maintaining and Updating the App Layering Environment
- Common App Layering Considerations and Additional Resources
- Workspace Environment Management (WEM) Introduction
- WEM Administration
- Managing User Resources with WEM
- Managing Profiles with WEM
- Managing Endpoints with the WEM Transformer Feature
- Learning Objectives
- Optimizing Machine Performance with WEM
- Optimizing User Experience with WEM
Need Help Finding The Right Training Solution?
Our training advisors are here for you.
Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktop Course FAQs
Citrix Fast Track Training is built for experienced IT Professionals new to Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7 in an on-prem or Citrix Cloud environment looking to gain as much information as possible in the 5-day course.
In this course, you will learn the considerations and how to set up a new Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktop site, including advanced topics such as WEM and App Layering, allowing fast-track preparation for the CCP-V certification.
Yes! We know your busy work schedule may prevent you from getting to one of our classrooms which is why we offer convenient online training to meet your needs wherever you want. This course is available online or as Private Team Training.