- 5-day instructor-led training course
Official Red Hat training curriculum
Extensive hands-on labs for enhancing practical skills
Red Hat Ceph 3 Storage Architecture and Administration (CEPH125)
- Duration: 4 days
- Language: English
- Level: Advanced
Red Hat Ceph Storage Architecture and Administration (CEPH125) helps you provide unified storage for enterprise servers and Red Hat® OpenStack Platform with Red Hat Ceph Storage. Learn to use a Ceph storage cluster to provide servers and cloud resources with object storage compatible with the Amazon S3 or OpenStack Swift APIs, Ceph-native or iSCSI-based block storage, and file storage using CephFS.
Train your whole team by bringing this course to your facility
Red Hat Ceph 3 (CEPH125) Training Information
Essential skills covered in the course include the following:
- Deploying and managing a Red Hat Ceph Storage cluster on commodity servers using Ansible.
- Creating, expanding, and controlling access to storage pools provided by the Ceph cluster.
- Accessing Red Hat Ceph Storage from clients using object, block, and file-based methods.
- Analyzing and tuning Red Hat Ceph Storage performance.
- Integrating OpenStack image, object, block, and file storage with a Red Hat Ceph Storage cluster.
- Be certified as a Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA), or demonstrate equivalent experience.
- Some experience with storage administration is recommended but not required.
Red Hat Ceph 3 (CEPH125) Training Outline
Module 1: Prepare for Red Hat Ceph Storage
- Identify challenges faced by traditional storage and explain how Ceph addresses them.
Module 2: Deploy Red Hat Ceph Storage
- Deploy and expand the storage capacity of a new Red Hat Ceph Storage cluster.
Module 3: Configure Red Hat Ceph Storage
- Manage how Ceph stores data with pools, configure Red Hat Ceph Storage using its configuration file, and configure users for Ceph clients that may access the Ceph storage cluster.
Module 4: Provide block storage with RBD
- Configure Ceph to provide block storage for clients by using RADOS block devices (RBDs).
Module 5: Provide object storage with RADOSGW
- Configure Ceph to provide object storage for clients by using a RADOS gateway (RADOSGW or RGW).
Module 6: Provide file storage with CephFS
- Configure Ceph to provide file storage for clients using the Ceph Filesystem (CephFS).
Module 7: Configure the CRUSH map
- Adjust the CRUSH map—which controls how data is stored, replicated, and distributed across OSDs in the Ceph cluster—in order to optimize resiliency and performance.
Module 8: Manage and update the cluster maps
- Explain how the monitor and OSD maps are managed in order to maintain cluster operation, quorum, and consistency.
Module 9: Manage a Red Hat Ceph Storage cluster
- Check Ceph cluster status, troubleshoot Ceph daemon problems, and upgrade Ceph software.
Module 10: Tune and troubleshoot Red Hat Ceph Storage
- Identify the key performance metrics for a Ceph cluster and use them to help tune and troubleshoot the operating system and Ceph software for optimal performance.
Module 11: Integrate Red Hat Ceph Storage with OpenStack
- Configure an OpenStack cloud to use Ceph to provide image, block, object, and file storage.
Need Help Finding The Right Training Solution?
Our training advisors are here for you.
Red Hat Ceph 3 (CEPH125) Training FAQs
This course is intended for storage administrators, cloud operators, and cloud developers who want to learn how to deploy and manage Red Hat Ceph Storage within or outside the Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform environment.
Yes! We know your busy work schedule may prevent you from getting to one of our classrooms which is why we offer convenient online training to meet your needs wherever you want. This course is available online or as Private Team Training.