This Cloud Operations on AWS course is designed to teach those in a Systems Administrator or Developer Operations (DevOps) role how to create automatable and repeatable deployments of networks and systems on the Amazon Web Services (AWS) platform. The course covers the specific AWS features and tools related to configuration and deployment, as well as common techniques used throughout the industry for configuring and deploying systems.
Plus, this AWS SysOps Administrator course will prepare systems administrators to take the official exam and become an AWS Certified SysOps Administrator - Associate.
Cloud Operations on AWS Delivery Methods
Cloud Operations on AWS Course Benefits
In this course, you will learn how to:
- Use standard AWS infrastructure features such as Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), Elastic Load Balancing, and Auto Scaling from the command line.
- Use AWS CloudFormation and other automation technologies to produce stacks of AWS resources that can be deployed in an automated, repeatable fashion.
- Build functioning virtual private networks with Amazon VPC from the ground up using the AWS Management Console.
- Deploy Amazon EC2 instances using command line calls and troubleshoot the most common problems with instances.
- Monitor the health of Amazon EC2 instances and other AWS services.
- Manage user identity, AWS permissions, and security in the cloud.
- Manage resource consumption in an AWS account using tools such as Amazon CloudWatch, tagging, and Trusted Advisor.
- Select and implement the best strategy for creating reusable Amazon EC2 instances.
- Configure a set of Amazon EC2 instances that launch behind a load balancer, with the system scaling up and down in response to demand.
- Edit and troubleshoot a basic AWS CloudFormation stack definition.
We recommend that attendees of this course have the following prerequisites:
- Attend Learning Tree course 1226, AWS Technical Essentials
- Background in either software development or systems administration
- Some experience with maintaining operating systems at the command line (shell scripting in Linux environments, cmd or PowerShell in Windows)
- Basic knowledge of networking protocols (TCP/IP, HTTP)
Cloud Operations on AWS Course Outline
- Understanding Systems Operations on AWS
- Tooling and Automation
- Computing (Servers)
- Computing (Scaling and Name Resolution)
- Computing (Containers and Serverless)
- Computing (Database Services)
- Storage and Archiving
- Monitoring and Security
- Managing Resource Consumption
- Creating Automated and Repeatable Deployments