This ITIL 4 Strategist: Direct, Plan, and Improve (DPI) course provides individuals with the practical skills necessary to create a 'learning and improving' IT (Information Technology) organization with a strong and effective strategic direction. It covers the influence and impact of Agile and Lean ways of working and how they can be leveraged to an organization's advantage. It will provide practitioners with a practical and strategic method for planning and delivering continual improvement with the necessary agility.
The course prepares you for the ITIL® 4 Strategist: Direct, Plan & Improve exam. This crossover exam fulfills a core requirement of the ITIL 4 Managing Professional (MP) and Strategic Leader (SL) certifications.
ITIL 4 Strategist DPI Training Delivery Methods
ITIL 4 Strategist DPI Training Information
In this course, you will learn how to:
- Apply the key concepts of Direct, Plan and Improve.
- Understand the scope of what is to be directed and/or planned, and know how to use key principles and methods of direction and planning.
- Understand the role of governance, risk and control know how to integrate the principles and methods into the service value system.
- Understand and know how to use the key principles and methods of continual improvement for all types of improvements.
- Understand and know how to use the key principles and methods of Communication and Organizational Change Management to direction, planning and improvement.
- Understand and know how to use the key principles and methods of measurement and reporting in direction, planning and improvement.
- Understand and know how to direct, plan and improve value streams and practices.
- Continue learning and face new challenges with after-course one-on-one instructor coaching.
You must hold the ITIL 4 Foundation Certificate (see Learning Tree course 1199, ITIL® 4 Foundation Training).
Wouldn’t you like to sit your exam knowing that you could have another shot if the outcome is not what you expected? With Learning Tree, now you can! This Learning Tree training course features the Take2 re-sit exam option (eligible for public events). In the case of an unsuccessful result, you can retake the exam within six months of your first try.
ITIL® 4 Strategist DPI Course Outline
- Operating Model
- Scope of control
- Vision and Mission
- Strategy, Tactics and Operations
- Governance, compliance and management
- Policies, Controls and Guidelines
- Cascade goals and requirements
- Define effective policies, controls and guidelines
- Place decision-making authority at the correct level
- The role of risk and risk management in DPI
- How governance impacts DPI
- Ensure that controls are sufficient, but not excessive
- Use the ITIL continual improvement model to improve the service value system or any part of the SVS
- Identify assessment objectives, outputs, requirements and criteria
- Select an appropriate assessment method for a particular situation
- Define and prioritize desired outcomes of an improvement
- Build, justify and advocate for a business case
- Conduct improvement reviews and lesson learn analysis
- Embed continual improvement at all levels of the SVS
Understand the nature, scope and potential benefits of organizational change management
Know how to use the key principles and methods of Communication & OCM:
- Identify and manage different types of stakeholders
- Effectively communicate with and influence others
- Establish effective feedback channels
- Establish effective interfaces across the value chain
- Define indicators and metrics to support objectives
- Direct, plan and improve value streams and practices
- Understand the differences between value streams and practices and how those differences impact direction, planning and improvement
- Select and use the appropriate methods and techniques to direct, plan and improve value streams and practices including addressing the 4 dimensions and Value Stream Mapping