Digital and IT Strategy Training is the final module to launch from the ITIL 4 certification scheme and completes the ITIL 4 Strategic Leader designation. This ITIL training adds a new perspective to the ITIL 4 guidance and elevates the discussion around ITIL concepts to an organizational strategy level.
ITIL 4 Strategic Leader Training Delivery Methods
ITIL 4 Strategic Leader Training Information
The module enables IT and digital leaders to influence and drive strategic business decisions by helping them to:
- Create an appropriate digital strategy aligned with the wider business goals.
- Understand how business and IT leaders across the globe are responding to digital disruption by reshaping corporate strategy, adapting processes, and even repurposing entire business models.
- Explore the use of the ITIL 4 framework to support organizations on their digital transformation journey, addressing service management challenges and utilizing a new technology.
- Demonstrate the use of ITIL Guiding Principles in Digital and IT Strategy decisions and activities.
- Understand why organizations need to change the way they do business in markets disrupted by digital and information technology and relate this to the concepts of strategy that they will need to master as they make these changes.
- Relate the concepts of Digital and IT Strategy, the Service Value System and the Service Value Chain and explain how they work together to create value in markets being transformed by digital and information technology.
- Understand how an organization uses Digital and IT Strategy to remain viable in environments disrupted by digital technology.
- Understand strategic approaches made possible by digital and information technology to achieve customer/market relevance and operational excellence.
- Understand the risks and opportunities of Digital and IT Strategy.
- Understand the steps and techniques involved in defining and advocating for a Digital and IT Strategy
- Understand how to implement a Digital and IT Strategy.
- Continue learning and face new challenges with after-course one-on-one instructor coaching.
To take this ITIL framework module, candidates must hold either:
- ITIL 4 Foundation Certification
- Managing Professional Certificate
- Candidates must be able to demonstrate that they have a minimum of three years of managerial experience.
The course prepares you for the ITIL 4 Leader: Digital and IT Strategy exam.
ITIL 4 Strategic Leader Training Outline
- Relate the ITIL guiding principles to all aspects of Digital and IT Strategy:
- Understand the key concepts:
- Digital Technology
- Digital Business
- Digital Organization
- Digital Transformation
- Business Strategy
- Business Models
- Digital and IT Strategy
- Product Management
- Service Management
- Explain the relationship between Digital and IT Strategy and the core components of the ITIL SVS
- Explain environmental analysis in terms of external and internal analysis, covering PESTLE (Political, Economic, Social, Technological, Legal, Environmental) and the Four Dimensions of Service Management
- Show how an organization's viability is related to how agile, resilient, lean, continuous, and co-creational it is
- Know how to apply DITS in managing VUCA (Volatile, Uncertain, Complex, and Ambiguous) environments
- Explain and compare three levels of digital disruption
- Show how an organization's position in a particular market or industry is influenced by a number of factors
- Use a digital positioning tool to determine the appropriate position for a digital organization
- Know how to apply different approaches to achieve customer/market relevance
- Know how to achieve operational excellence in the four dimensions of service management
- Understand the financial aspects of Digital and IT Strategy
- Apply strategic approaches for digital organizations
- Explain the concept of risk management in the context of a digital organization
- In the context of Digital and IT Strategy, explain how to identify risk and assess risk
- Explain the concept of risk posture and show how to determine an acceptable balance between opportunity and risk
- Explain the concept of innovation, including its key elements and techniques
- Describe techniques to develop and maintain a culture of innovation
- Show how to use a digital readiness assessment to perform a gap analysis between an organization’s current and desired positions
- Explain how to define and communicate a vision and a strategy
- Know how to use business cases to advocate for a Digital and IT Strategy
- Know how to define operating models for digital organizations
- Explain the major skills required of leaders in a digital organization
- Apply different approaches to strategy coordination and implementation
- Explain approaches to POM
- Explain how to assess the success of a Digital and IT Strategy
- Explain the typical activities of a digital transformation program