True business agility comes from freedom, not frameworks. Discover the Project Management Institute(r) Disciplined Agile (DA) program and tap into the industry-leading process decision tool kit that describes how agile software development, DevOps, IT, and business teams work in your enterprise. Disciplined Agile gives you the tools you need to join the ranks of organizations that go to market sooner, deliver value faster, and make their customers happier - all with Disciplined Agile.
Want to know if the new Project Management Institute (PMI)(r) Disciplined Agile Program is right for you? Read on to find answers to commonly asked questions about the program.
What is Disciplined Agile?
Disciplined Agile is not a framework but rather a tool kit that focuses on the decisions you need to consider, the options available to you, and the trade-offs associated with these options. It shows you how to effectively combine strategies from Scrum, Kanban, SAFe(r), and many other approaches in a tailorable and scalable manner. Organizations that adopt Disciplined Agile go to market sooner, deliver value faster, and make their customers happier.
Disciplined Agile (DA) enterprise decision support tool consists of Agile and Lean practices that help clients make better software project delivery decisions including:
- Outcome based - 23 Goals
- 155 Critical decisions all software project should consider
- 840+ options that are ranked by complexity and agility
- Includes SAFe, Scrum, Kanban etc.
- More than agile IT - Finance Procurement, HR etc.
What facets of decision-making does Disciplined Agile support?
Disciplined Agile takes four views into consideration:
- Mindset, building on the foundations of agile and lean to address enterprise realities
- People, describing the roles, responsibilities, and team structures you should have in place
- Flow, describing the dynamic aspects of processes via lifecycle diagrams and workflow diagrams
- Practices, outlining the techniques that move your team forward, using straightforward goal diagrams that provide a high-level picklist of practices
How does Disciplined Agile help organizations?
Despite the growing emphasis of Agile practices in an enterprise, large-scale adoption can be a real struggle across teams and departments. Utilizing the Disciplined Agile tool can help organizations make better decisions regarding software delivery to improve enterprise Agile adoptions and transformations.
Disciplined Agile can help organizations that are struggling with Agile and waterfall approaches in response to large-scale transformation initiatives, as well as organizations having trouble implementing of Agile scaling frameworks like SAFe and LeSS. If Agile adoption uptake remains slow, despite repeated attempts to emphasize the agile mindset in the enterprise, Disciplined Agile can provide the toolset you need to break free of the cycle of stunted adoption.
Which organizations should use Disciplined Agile?
Disciplined Agile can be used for a wide variety of applications, but can be particularly used for organizations that:
- Need to design their own frameworks based on the context of their work
- Are looking to have an agile mindset but need enterprise awareness for agile practices
- Want to develop their own Agile coaches
What does the Disciplined Agile certification program look like?
Explore the map below to see how the Disciplined Agile certification program can meet you where you are and take you where you want to go: