The Power BI for Business Users beginner-level course will give you all the skills you need to jump-start your Power BI journey as a Power BI Business User.
Power BI Business Users are required to access reports and/or dashboards, and potentially other objects, that have been created by report designers using Power BI Desktop. However, as a Power BI Business User, you may not have access to this application, but you will be required to look for trends and insights in the content they created. This is where you will use the Power BI Service, Power BI, in the cloud.
During the course, you will learn what Dashboards, Reports, Visuals and Apps are and how to navigate the Power BI Service, enabling you to interact with those objects. You will interact with visuals to display the results how you want to view them by Sorting, Filtering and utilizing the in-built drill-down functionality.
We will explore how to view visuals in Focus mode or Full-Screen mode, how to create a Data Alert and how to work with Q&A using human-readable questions.
Course closure will include a Questions and Answers section and will describe how you can access additional support, such as Coaching and Follow-Up sessions. The course will close with an Evaluation to enable you to provide targeted feedback.
Power BI for Business Users Delivery Methods
Private Team Training
Power BI for Business Users Training Information
In this course, you will learn:
- The basic concepts for Power BI Business Users
- What is the Power BI Service and how to interact with it
- To understand what a Power BI App is
- How to utilize Power BI Dashboards, Reports and Visuals to answer Business questions
- How to subscribe to dashboards or reports
- Set data alerts to notify you when a threshold is passed
- Use Q&A to ask questions using natural language
- How to interact with the Power BI Cell Phone/Mobile App
- Printing and exporting reports
There are no prerequisites for this course. It is a beginner’s level course and is aimed at non-technical business users. All accounts and licenses are provided, and there is no requirement to use your personal or corporate account.
Power BI for Business Users Training Outline
- The Power BI Business User
- Power BI License Types
- The Power BI Service Concepts
Demo: Logging into the Power BI Service
Do Now: Log into the Power BI Service
- Overview of the Power BI Cell Phone/Mobile App
- Navigating the Power BI Service
- Locating Content
- Viewing your Home page
- Understanding Workspaces
Exercise 2: Explore the Power BI Service
- Sorting data in a visual
- Using report filters
- Drill down and drill up in a visual
- Focus model and full-screen mode
- Asking questions with Q&A
Exercise 3: Working with Visuals
- Reports for Business Users
- Dashboards for Business Users
- Subscribing to Dashboards
- Setting a data alert
- Power BI Apps
Exercise 4: Explore Dashboards, Reports and Apps
- Questions and Answers
- Coaching and follow-up sessions