Develop the skillsets needed to guide the delivery of value in a Lean enterprise by becoming a SAFe® 6.0 Product Owner/Product Manager (POPM). During this two-day course, attendees gain an in-depth understanding of how to effectively perform their role in the Agile Release Train (ART) as it delivers value through Program Increments.
Attendees explore how to apply Lean thinking to decompose Epics into Features and Stories, refine Features and Stories, manage Program and Team backlogs, and to plan and execute Iterations and Program Increments. Attendees also discover how the Continuous Delivery Pipeline and DevOps culture contribute to the relentless improvement of the ART.
POPM Certification Delivery Methods
POPM Certification Course Information
This POPM Certification training has the following benefits:
- SAFe 6.0 Product Owner/Product Manager digital badge to promote your accomplishment online
- Includes 1-year Scaled Agile Membership (for first-time attendees of SAFe courses)
- Articulate the Product Owner and Product Manager roles
- Connect SAFe Lean-Agile principles and values to the PO/PM roles
- Collaborate with Lean Portfolio Management
- Explore continuous value with Program Increment Planning
- Execute the Program Increment and deliver continuous value
- Access to a variety of learning resources to support you during your SAFe journey
- Continue learning and face new challenges with after-course one-on-one instructor coaching
All are welcome to attend the training, regardless of experience. However, the following prerequisites are highly recommended for those who intend to take the certification exam:
- The first exam attempt is included if the web-based exam is taken within 30 days of course completion
- 45 multiple-choice questions in 90 minutes
- 77% Passing Score (35 out of 45 correct)
- Each exam retake attempt costs $50 US.
- The second attempt can be done immediately after the first attempt.
- The third attempt requires a 10-day wait.
- The fourth attempt requires a 30-day wait.
POPM Certification Instructor-Led Course Outline
- Describe SAFe for Lean Enterprises
- Explain Value Streams
- Describe Lean-Agile Mindset decision-making
- Describe Product Owner/Product Manager responsibilities
- Describe the Program Increment
- Describe the Vision
- Forecast work through Roadmaps
- Create beneficial Features
- Manage the Program Backlog and Kanban
- Communicate the Vision
- Establish PI Objectives
- Manage dependencies
- Manage risks
- Apply User Stories
- Plan the Iteration
- Manage flow with the Team Kanban
- Continuously refine the backlog
- Participate in the Iteration Review and Retrospective
- Support DevOps and Release on Demand
- Participate in the PO sync
- Participate in the System Demo
- Innovate throughout the PI
- Inspect and Adapt
- Becoming a Certified SAFe Professional