Programming experience with an object-oriented language is recommended for this course, and some familiarity with HTML and CSS is helpful.
In this training, you will learn how to:
- Explore the newest HTML5 frameworks to create modern, feature-rich sites.
- Improve SEO with semantic elements.
- Perfect data entry forms with new types, validation, autocomplete and pickers.
- Design eye-catching presentations with CSS3 borders, animation and fonts.
- Enhance the user experience with drag-and-drop, SVG graphics, audio, and video.
- Continue learning and face new challenges with after-course one-on-one instructor coaching.
Programming experience is recommended and experience with some HTML and CSS is helpful.
- Enhancing a Web site with HTML5
- Exploring HTML5 standards and classes
- Getting up to speed with HTML Markup
- Sectioning content with structural elements
- Optimize pages for SEO ranking
- Enhance accessibility for users of assistive technologies
- Review of data entry forms and input elements
- Guiding input with autofocus and placeholder
- Validating textbox entry without scripting
- Preventing errors with patterns, Constraint API and custom error messages
- Easing choices with combo-box, color, date, number and range pickers
- Focusing on the basics with CSS Primer
- Enhancing borders and backgrounds
- Creating floating text and boxes with shadows and opacity
- Increasing engagement with animation and @keyframes
- Installing downloadable fonts with @font–face
- Hiding values in custom data–* attributes
- Adapting mobile layout with media queries
- Saving bandwidth with image source sets
- Selecting and manipulating HTML with JQuery
- Processing events with JQuery
- Persisting data with the Web Storage API
- Storing Complex data in JSON format
- Registering a Service Worker to Manage Resources
- Cache pages for offline use using Fetch and Promises
- Obtaining user latitude and longitude with Geolocation
- Determine distance with the Haversine Formula
- Generate location specific content
- Leveraging anonymous functions
- Simplifying content formatting with WYSIWYG editors
- Apply formatting with execCommand()
- Handling events on draggable and drop targets
- Enabling drag–and–drop file upload with HTML5 programming interfaces
- Posting messages across windows
- Accessing external providers with XHR
- Pushing data with WebSockets
- Improving responsiveness with Web Workers
- Creating scalable images with SVG XML markup
- Substituting vector images for larger raster PNG files
- Embedding audio in a web page without plugins
- Entertaining users with natively-supported video
- Captioning video with Web Video Text Tracks (WebVTT)