- 5-day instructor-led training course
- Authorized Cisco Training Provider
- Pay later by invoice -OR- at the time of checkout by credit card
- Attend virtually from your home or office
Implementing Cisco Data Center Unified Computing (DCUCI v6.2) Training
- Language: English
This Authorized Cisco DCUCI training course is a five-day, instructor-led course that preps you for the 300-175 DCUCI exam, one requirement for Cisco CCNP Data Center certification. This Implementing Cisco Data Center Unified Computing (DCUCI) course is designed to serve the needs of engineers and technicians who implement Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS) B-Series Blade Servers and Cisco UCS C-Series Rack-Mount Servers.
DCUCI v6.2 guides learners through rack installation and provisioning of server hardware, operating systems, hypervisors, and applications. Much of the content is devoted to management and maintenance. DCUCI v6.2 covers the implementation and operation of Cisco UCS in the data center.
Redeem your Cisco Learning Credits (CLCs) for this Cisco DCUCI training course.
Coming Soon! New Cisco Certification Courses
On Feb 24, 2020, Cisco is changing the way you certify — Find out what that means for you ›
- CCNA and DCUFI knowledge and experience until cutover to CCNA DC
- CCNA DC equivalent knowledge and experience
- Server operating systems, hypervisor and virtualization familiarity
- Implementing Cisco Storage Networking Solutions (ICSNS)
- Attendance of the following Cisco learning offerings is recommended to fully benefit from this course:
- Implementing Cisco Data Center Unified Fabric (DCUFI)
- Implementing Cisco Storage Networking Solutions (ICSNS)
- To participate in the hands-on labs in this class, you need to bring a laptop computer with the following:
- Windows 7 or 8.1 or 10 is recommended. Mac OSX 10.6 or greater is supported as well.
- Intel Celeron or better processors are preferred.
- 1 GB or more of RAM
- Browser Requirements: Internet Explorer 10 or greater or Mozilla Firefox. (Safari and Mozilla Firefox for Mac OSX)
Note: Our labs currently cannot run on Microsoft Edge (Windows 10) due to it not supporting Extensions/Add-ons or Google Chrome due to Java being removed from the platform itself.
- All students are required to have administrator rights to their PCs and cannot be logged in to a domain using any Group Policies that will limit their machine's capabilities.
If you do not have administrator rights to your PC, you at least need permissions to download, install, and run Cisco Any Connect Client and Java.
- If you are participating in a WebEx event, it is highly recommended to take this class at a location that has bandwidth speeds at a minimum of 1 Mbps bandwidth speeds.
- All PCs require the latest Java Runtime Environment, which can be downloaded from www.java.com.
- This course is eligible for Cisco Learning Credit (CLC) redemption.
- Want to learn more about Cisco CLCs? Click to view our CLCs infographic.
Implementing Cisco Data Center Unified Computing (DCUCI v6.2) Training Delivery Methods
- Cisco Authorized course content
- Authorized Cisco instructor
- Eligible for Cisco Learning Credit (CLC) redemption
- Attend in-class, online or bring the course to your facility
- Expansive course catalogue to go deeper into Cisco or broaden you skills beyond
Implementing Cisco Data Center Unified Computing (DCUCI v6.2) Training Course BenefitsImplement Cisco UCS C-Series rack servers in standalone mode. Boot from the local hard drive and mount the Fibre Channel SAN LUN for shared storageInstall Cisco R-Series rack enclosures in the data centerInstall components in the Cisco UCS C-Series rack server prior to rack mountingInstall Cisco UCS C-Series rack servers in a Cisco R-Series rackUse the Cisco UCS Host Upgrade Utility to upgrade or downgrade C-Series firmware to the correct versionProvision SNMP and syslog, and use C-Series monitoring toolsUse the Cisco Integrated Management Controller to provision LAN and SAN connectivity for the C-Series serverUse the LSI MegaRAID web user interface to provision local hard drives into a RAID 5 arrayInstall VMware ESXi in the C-Series server local hard drivesImplement system management, maintenance, and high-availability services for Cisco UCS B-SeriesImplement local and remote authentication services to restrict privileges and delegate management authority in Cisco UCS ManagerList the processes for managing the firmware repository and upgrade or downgrade Cisco UCS firmware components using Cisco UCS ManagerImplement backup and restore capabilities in Cisco UCS Manager.....
DCUCI Course Outline
Lesson 1: Implementing Cisco R-Series Rack Enclosures
Lesson 2: Installing Cisco UCS C-Series Server Hardware
Lesson 3: Installing Cisco UCS C-Series Servers in a Cisco R-Series Rack Enclosure
Lesson 4: Updating Cisco UCS C-Series Firmware with the Host Upgrade Utility
Lesson 5: Provisioning Monitoring and Logging on the Cisco UCS C-Series Server
Lesson 6: Provisioning LAN and SAN Connectivity in the Cisco Integrated Management Controller
Lesson 7: Provisioning RAID on the Cisco UCS C-Series Server
Lesson 8: Installing VMware ESXi on the Cisco UCS C-Series Server Local RAID Array
Lesson 1: Implementing RBAC
Lesson 2: Managing and Upgrading Cisco UCS B-Series Firmware
Lesson 3: Implementing Backup, Import, and Restore of the Cisco UCS Manager Database
Lesson 4: Implementing Logging and Monitoring
Lesson 5: Implementing High Availability
Lesson 1: Implementing Cisco UCS B-Series Physical Connectivity
Lesson 2: Installing Cisco UCS B-Series Hardware
Lesson 3: Implementing Cisco UCS B-Series LAN Connectivity
Lesson 4: Implementing Cisco UCS B-Series SAN Connectivity
Lesson 1: Provisioning the Cisco UCS Cluster
Lesson 2: Provisioning LAN Networking
Lesson 3: Provisioning SAN Networking
Lesson 4: Provisioning Resource Pools in Cisco UCS Manager
Lesson 5: Provisioning Server Policies in Cisco UCS Manager
Lesson 6: Provisioning Service Profiles from Templates in Cisco UCS Manager
Lesson 7: Provisioning Cisco UCS C-Series Server Integration in Cisco UCS Manager
Lesson 1: Provisioning
Lesson 2: Provisioning Cisco VM-FEX
Lesson 3: Provisioning Cisco VM-FEX Universal Pass-Through
Need Help Finding The Right Training Solution?
Our training advisors are here for you.
The best way to prepare for this certification is to take the Cisco-approved training, as well as using the self-study materials provided.
You will need to register for the exam. Exams are offered as proctored exams at a test center, or self-administered online.
During your checkout of the course, make sure to select Credits & Vouchers within the payment method. Highlight and click CLC and enter the sales order number that you were issued by Cisco.