The Certified Professional CMMC Training (CCP), managed by Cyber AB (Accreditation Body), is a program through which an organization's cybersecurity program maturity is measured by their initial and ongoing compliance with applicable cybersecurity practices, as well as their integration of corresponding policies and plans into their overall business operations. Once rulemaking has concluded, and CMMC 2.0 (Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification) has been implemented, all organizations providing products or services to the United States DoD (Department of Defense) must comply with their applicable CMMC Level requirements.
This course prepares students for the Cyber AB CCP (Certified CMMC Professional) certification, which authorizes the holder to use the Cyber AB Certified CMMC Professional logo, participate as an Assessment Team Member under the supervision of a Lead Assessor, and be listed in the Cyber AB Marketplace. The CCP certification is also a prerequisite for the CCA (Certified CMMC Assessor) certification.
CMMC Certification Training Delivery Methods
CMMC Certification Training Course Information
CMMC Certification Training Course Benefits
- Each student will be responsible for purchasing the CCP Exam through Cyber AB.
- As a CCP, work through the CMMC Assessment process.
- Continue learning and face new challenges with after-course one-on-one instructor coaching.
In this CMMC Certification Training Course, you will learn how to:
- Identify the threats to the defense supply chain and the established regulations and standards for managing the risk.
- Identify the sensitive information that needs to be protected within the defense supply chain and how to manage it.
- Describe how the CMMC Model ensures compliance with federal acquisition regulations.
- Identify the responsibilities of the Certified CMMC Professional, including appropriate ethical behavior.
- Establish the Certification and Assessment scope boundaries for evaluating the systems that protect regulated information.
- Prepare the OSC (Organizations Seeking Certification) for an Assessment by evaluating readiness.
- Use the CMMC Assessment Guides to determine and assess the Evidence for practices.
- Implement and evaluate practices required to meet CMMC Level 1.
- Identify the practices required to meet CMMC Level 2.
CMMC Certification Training Prerequisites
To ensure success in this course, you should have some foundational education or experience in cybersecurity. Therefore, Cyber AB has established prerequisites for those who wish to apply for CCP certification, such as:
- Favorable background checks. Additional citizenship and clearance credentials are also required to perform higher-level duties, such as participating as an ML-2 (Maturity Level-2) assessment team member.
- A college degree in a cyber or information technology field with 2+ years of experience or 3+ years of equivalent experience (including military) in a cyber, information technology, or assessment field.
- At least two years of experience in cybersecurity or another information technology field.
- Prior to registering for this class, you must have Cyber AB approval of your application.
If you have not completed and received approval from Cyber AB you can apply for CCP here: REGISTER WITH CYBER AB
- You will receive a CPN number from Cyber AB, which is required for your registration to class.
- Please note that there is a $200 registration fee imposed by Cyber-AB before issuing the mandatory CPN number. Learning Tree is not involved in this step of the process.
This is an unofficial summary provided for your convenience. Always refer to the Cyber AB website (https://cyberab.org/CMMC-Ecosystem/Ecosystem-roles/Assessors) for official requirements, and be aware that CMMC requirements are subject to change.
CMMC Certification Training Outline
Topic A: Identify Threats to the Defense Supply Chain
Topic B: Identify Regulatory Responses against Threats
Topic A: Identify Sensitive Information
Topic B: Manage the Sensitive Information
Topic A: Describe the CMMC Model Architecture
Topic B: Define the CMMC Program and Its Ecosystem
Topic C: Define Self-Assessments
Topic A: Identify Responsibilities of the CCP
Topic B: Demonstrate Appropriate Ethics and Behavior
Topic A: Use the CMMC Assessment Scope Documentation
Topic B: Get Oriented to the OSC Environment
Topic C: Determine How Sensitive Information Moves
Topic D: Identify Systems in Scope
Topic E: Limit Scope
Topic A: Foster a Mature Cybersecurity Culture
Topic B: Evaluate Readiness
Topic A: Determine Evidence
Topic B: Assess the Practices Using the CMMC Assessment Guides
Topic A: Identify CMMC Level 1 Domains and Practices
Topic B: Perform a CMMC Level 1 Gap Analysis
Topic C: Assess CMMC Level 1 Practices
Topic A: Identify CMMC Level 2 Practices
Topic A: Identify Assessment Roles and Responsibilities
Topic B: Plan and Prepare the Assessment
Topic C: Conduct the Assessment
Topic D: Report the Assessment Results
Topic E: Conduct the CMMC POA&M (Plan Of Action And Milestones) Close-Out Assessment
Appendix A: Evidence Collection Approach for CMMC Level 1 Practices
Appendix B: Additional Documentation for CCPs (Certified CMMC Professionals)
Appendix C: Mapping Course Content to the CCP Exam