This official IBM course teaches you the skills that are needed to administer IBM WebSphere Application Server V9 in a federated environment.
This release of IBM WebSphere Application Server provides enhanced support for standards (notably Java 7 EE), emerging technology, and a choice of development frameworks.
Throughout the course, hands-on exercises and demonstrations reinforce lecture content. You gain practical experience with WebSphere Application Server V9 by completing tasks such as creating a deployment manager, federating a stand-alone application server, creating a custom profile, and clustering an existing application server.
- Basic operational skills for the Linux operating system
- Administrative skills for a web server, such as IBM HTTP Server or Apache
- Basic understanding of cloud concepts, private, public and hybrid clouds, and specifically traditional on-premises environments
- Completion of course WebSphere Application Server V9 Administration (WA590G) or WebSphere Application Server V9 Administration (ZA590G), or experience with WebSphere Application Server in a stand-alone environment
WebSphere Application Server V9 Administration in a Federated Environment (WA599G) Delivery Methods
- Official IBM training curriculum
- Attend online or bring this course to your facility
WebSphere Application Server V9 Administration in a Federated Environment (WA599G) Course Benefits
Describe the architectural concepts that are related to WebSphere Application Server Network DeploymentCreate a deployment manager instanceFederate an application server to a cellAdd a stand-alone application server to a WebSphere Application Server cellCluster an application server within a WebSphere Application Server cellConfigure WebSphere Application Server SSL security settingsDeploy applications in clustered environmentsDescribe the features of Intelligent Management
WebSphere Application Server Course Outline
- Course introduction
- WebSphere Application Server architecture: Federated
- Federating a cell
- Exercise: Configuring the lab workstation
- Exercise: Creating a federated cell
- Workload management
- Exercise: Clustering and workload management
- WebSphere security: SSL
- Exercise: Configuring SSL for WebSphere
- Overview of Intelligent Management
- Course summary